GosTan Back - Children's Season 2017 Volunteers
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS – Be a part of our first inclusive theatrical show at the National Museum of Singapore as part of Children’s Season 2017!
Back – a time-travelling adventure on wheels, directed by Ian Loy (NAC Young Artist Award Recipient 2014
& Life Theatre Awards Best Director nominee 2017), is a story about a young
boy who gets the chance to save the future by going back in time.
Participants will experience our local history and artefacts in this interactive theatrical journey through the National Museum’s Singapore History Gallery, which features storytelling, science, technology and a whole lot of hands-on fun!
As part of the experience, there will be a pre-show activity session where volunteers will help the participants “gear up” for the theatrical component, as well as opportunities to engage with participants at the various pit stops in the gallery during the experience.
Since we will be welcoming families and children with additional needs to the performances, the extra hands on deck will help us to ensure that everyone receives the individualised attention they require to enjoy the show to the fullest!
This volunteering opportunity is open to all tertiary level students and above.
What are my roles and duties?
- Put on your best smile to greet, welcome and assist the participants
- Have fun facilitating and interacting with the participants
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes experience of an inclusive theatre production
- Get to meet and know more fellow volunteers like yourself!
What will i commit to?
2. A compulsory Volunteer Training Session. You can choose between
- 12 April (4 – 6pm) OR
- 22 April (11 – 1pm)
- Rehearsal Schedule - 8 May (6pm – 8pm), Second date
to be confirmed (TBC)
- Show Dates (10.30am – 12pm) - 27/28 May, 3/4 June, 10/11 June, 17/18, 24/25 June
What will i receive?
- Certificate of participation
- Volunteer hours
- Understanding of various special needs
- Experience of working with a professional theatre company
- A fun and memorable time playing with children!
Important dates to note:
- 7 March - Registration Opens
- 22 March - Registration Closes
- 24 March - Shortlisted students will be informed of their acceptance